I am on the third book of the "Chronicles of Narnia", I think that it is called "The Horse and his Boy"...this particular book is moving a bit slowly, the other two in the series were a snap. Only 4 more to go after this one.
DH & I went to a garage sale yesterday (did I ever mention how much I love garage sales?) and the lady there is a bookworm as well...I could have easily spent alot more money if I had the patience to go through all of the books more carefully. We (DH did get 3 books afterall) only spent $10...on 19 books and a cat toy.
Here is a listing:
- *Let's Go Guide to China (we have booked our 2008 trip to Beijing so far, considering a cruise down the Yangtze River as well)
- *Impact Guide to Hong Kong (We are planning a long weekend there at some point as well)
- *How the Scots Invented the Modern World by Arthur Herman (DH's book)
- *The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
- *Wicked : The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of The West by Gregory Maguire
- *Victoria Victorious : The Story of Queen Victoria by Jean Plaidy
- *The Exploits and Adventures of Miss Alethea Darcy by Elizabeth Aston
- *The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory (I have read this, and it is one of my favorites, I adore this author)
- *The Favored Child by Philippa Gregory
- *Wideacre by Philippa Gregory
- *Mr. Darcy's Daughters by Elizabeth Aston
- *The Other Side of the Story by Marian Keyes (great author, read a few others of hers this year)
- *Falling Angels by Tracy Chevalier
- *The Tale of Murasaki by Liza Dalby (the author is the only Westerner to become a Geisha. I want to get her book "Geisha" as well.)
- *Shopaholic Ties the Knot by Sophie Kinsella
- *The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella
- *The Ruby Ring by Diane Haeger
- *Courtesan by Dora Levy Mossnaen
- *The Last Great Dance on Earth by Sandra Gulland
At another garage sale, I got a 4 pack of bobbins for my sewing machine for 25 cents!!! What a great shopping day!
After our garage sale adventures, we dropped off our newspapers, cardboard and shredded paper to the recycling center. I think that it all ends up in the dump eventually but at least we try.
Then we took our dog, Lady to the beach. She is a good swimmer, although she would rather just walk along the beach and sniff the hermit crabs. DH spotted a really cool blue starfish while he was swimming. Made me regret that we didn't bring the underwater camera. It was vivid.
While at the beach (Aqua Beach & south of it), we picked up a canvas shopping bag full of aluminum cans. Budweiser is truly the king of the island if you were to judge by the amount of cans that we picked up. I don't understand why people don't recycle their aluminum...they pay you for the cans for pete's sake!
I am almost done with the baby afghan that I am crocheting. I am using Peaches n Cream cotton yarns, and doing it in a big Granny Square pattern. Not like the baby will need it here as hot as it is. I will get a picture once it is done.
I haven't picked up a needle or any cross stitch in forever it seems like. I did get a bit of new stash recently thanks to Jenn. She gave me a gift certificate to Down Sunshine Lane for my birthday back in March and I have been hemming and hawing about what to get. Well, I placed my order last week and here is what I got. BTW, let me just say that I love Amy at Down Sunshine Lane! Great service, I plan on using her much more. Thanks again Jenn for your generosity! You really surprised me when I needed it most.
2006 Just Cross Stitch Special Christmas Ornaments Issue
The magazine exceeded my expectations this year and I am very happy that I got my grubby hands on a copy!
Lizzie*Kate "Work Pray Trust" S69
I knew when I saw this new release that I had to get it. We are planning a low-key Christmas this year, but I know that this will be stitched a couple of times for special people in our lives.
I have uploaded a couple of new pictures into my webshots album...a few that DH had on his work computer of our trip to Australia, some recent tummy shots (don't mind how babelicious I am looking), and a few new ones of the pets. Go to my webshots album to see.