Monday, September 18, 2006

Ain't no sunshine when he's gone....

I know the song says "she" instead of "he", but that was how I was feeling for the past few days. Now I am the happiest girl in Saipan! My DH is home!!! I didn't post about him being gone because, well...there are just some things that shouldn't be put out there when you are eleventy thousand miles away from everything and everyone that you know.

DH had to go to Hawaii for a class for his job. Waikiki to be exact. Rough life, I know. But he got back last night (Sunday) safe and sound and I was delighted quite frankly. We have been married for 2 1/2 years but it doesn't seem like that long. Still in the honeymoon phase, I guess. We are the couple that where you see one of us, you will see the other. Some call it connected at the hip.

We met 4 years ago on Sept 14, 2002. Got engaged on October 21, 2003. Got married on March 20, 2004. We were married on the black sand beach at Anse Mamin, near Soufriere, St. Lucia. The staff at Anse Chastanet was fantastic and arranged everything. Our only guests were DH's parents. We also stayed at Ladera and Ti Kaye. Trip of a lifetime.






DH brought home tons of stuff for me from Hawaii. My Nivea Soft lotion, some floss that I needed for my Mother's Tree (now to just get started), some yarn I needed for a project, some sewing thread, a pretty jar candle for my sewing room, some bath bombs and a bubble bar from Lush...one of my all time favorite stores (I highly recommend the "All that Jas" bath bomb), some "tummy butter" that he thought I might like for my growing belly, a carseat & stroller combo for the baby which is very cute (Evenflo "Aura") and half the price that we would have paid here, and about 10 older dvd's that he found on sale. We have watched "Jumanji" and "Cocoon" so far.

:)

Peace

6 comments:

Carol said...

Good, smart girl! Never a good idea to post when your protector is away :-) Glad he is home safe and sound!

Jenn said...

Gald to hear that your DH arrived home safe and sound. He brought back some wonderful things for you.

Your wedding pictures are beautiful. You both look so happy.

Anonymous said...

Awww! What a sweet love story. You two are in love! You are a great looking couple. Have fun with all your goodies from Hawaii.

Concetta said...

That is such a sweet story, and your wedding photos are beautiful. :) I'm glad he's home safe and sound.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pictures Missy - you make such a cute couple! Coincidentally I met my hubby on September 15 2002 and we got married on September 15 2004.

Melissa said...

You guys met on my wedding anniversary. Well if you add a few years to it, we got married Sept. 14, 1985, but you get the idea. After 21 yrs of marriage, it doesn't feel like we've been married that long. I guess what I'm trying to say, if you really like the person you're married too, while it's not always a "honeymoon" the years don't seem to drag. I'm always shocked when I realize how many years have passed.

The pictures are beautiful.