Today has been a productive day so far. I have done a ton of housework already and I am ready to sit and relax for a while. But I can't. Well, not really. I have to work on a Flat Stanley project that I was sent a couple of months ago and I keep slacking on it. I actully forgot about it for a while, it was on the bookshelf next to my sewing machine. I really want to get it back to the little girl before school starts (that is the deadline), so I must sit down and write about what we have done with Flat Stanley. Which is nothing. I am basically going to write a report for her about Saipan since it seems like 99.9% ot the world doesn't realize that Saipan exists. I got her some maps & brochures and am going to send tomorrow's newspaper for her to look at. I also bought a bag of dried mangoes for her. I know, they aren't really from Saipan, but they say so on the bag and they are just so darned tasty. Might be because of the sugar that they are coated with. Who knows?
Yesterday we went shopping for a bit. I am on the hunt for a new bra. Or three. I felt about as frustrated trying to find one in my "new" size as my Mom's old dog, Red, must have felt when she tried to lick her butt. (Red was downright obese and probably hadn't caught sight of her hind end in years, but that didn't stop her from trying.) The problem is, I don't know where to go here to get stuff like that. We tried Joeten but that was a bust (no pun intended)...DH says to try DFS Galleria, what he calls "the mall". I have never been there, but the stores that they advertise are: Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Bvlgari, Prada, etc. I am thinking that I am S.O.L for a while. I might have to try online. And that sucks because I am so particular. :(
Not much to report. I have been crocheting dishcloths for the past few days. And I started to make myself a new fob. It is from the Prairie Schooler "Garden Beasties" series. It is the little frog. Quite appropriate I think. I am doing it over one on 28 count fabric. First time I have ever used a hoop with xs, I usually just use them for embroidery, but the piece of fabric is so small and my hands cramp when stitching "in hand".
Tonight I plan on working on my A & B for the SAL that starts Tuesday. Carolyn has hers done and they look great if you ask me! And Jo, she has had hers done for some time, and is patiently waiting for us.
This week's SBQ was suggested by Von and is:
Many of us have a few pairs of embroidery scissors and some even have
a "collection". How many pairs of scissors do you have? Feel free to
share a photo of your favorite pair or pairs with us!
I have one pair of scissors. A nice sturdy pair of Gingher's. I think that they are called "Lion Tail" or something. They were a present to myself a few years ago. I think that I got them on ebay and didn't pay more than $10 for them including shipping. I only have one fob, I received it as part of an exchange last year from Susan in California. It is very pretty, but is starting to wear so I am making myself a new one! I would love to have a beaded one in pinks and silver with a breast cancer bead, but I don't know where to get one. And matching marking pins! I have fallen in love with marking pins. This is a picture of my scissors, fob and a crocheted dishcloth that I finished recently.
Now I will leave you with a nice picture of two of our girls. I shamelessly interrupted their nap time. Every picture I post of them is about nap time, but honestly, that is what they do 93% of the time. The other 7% of the time is spent running around like lunatics at 11 PM or eating. I just realized that I haven't shown Lady in a while...I will try to get a good snap of her this week. She must be feeling left out.
|You Are: 50% Dog, 50% Cat|
You are a nice blend of cat and dog.
You're playful but not too needy. And you're friendly but careful.
And while you have your moody moments, you're too happy to stay upset for long.
Okay, off to catch up on some blogs.