Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Stepping back

Well friends, I am going to be offline for the rest of the week. I just need time to step back and think about things for a while. So much is going on in my life, I am feeling overwhelmed.


  • Mom is holding steady. Things aren't as good as she was hoping, and they held off on her treatment for 10 days because she is so tired. I anticipate going home soon, if only for the fact that I want to spend time with her and don't want to get a middle of the night call saying I need to come home that minute. Last minute flights off of this rock aren't cheap.

  • Connor has decided that he no longer enjoys sleeping through the night and has been getting up every 2 hours for the past few days. Joy. We were spoiled since he had been sleeping through the night starting at about 7 weeks old. I honestly don't know what the deal is, if it is teething or what, but I am so pooped. Our day today started at 4:30 am since he wouldn't go back to sleep.

  • The cats have decided that they no longer enjoy living in the lap of luxury and being strictly indoor cats. So, they both live outdoors now. At night they would tear open a screen to get out and roam around. I am tired of being stressed out wondering where they are and having the screens ruined. I know it sounds harsh, but I don't want indoor/outdoor cats. Either one or the other. We are responsible pet owners, so they are both spayed and both still have their claws front and back. We just feel that it is the best route to take in this situation. Of course I am sad and a little scared for them, but the only other option is to close all of the windows in the house at night and that is so not happening.

  • Other random stuff going on right now is really giving my brain a good workout. Family grumblings in the Mainland, wondering what will be on our list to choose from next month in regards to where we are going next year, etc.

I have so much on my plate right now that the overwhelmed feeling is coming back. I promise to post next week with lots of pictures of crafty stuff that I have been working on, including a couple of PIF's. Yay.

In the meantime, if you like to read (I know there are quite a few of you), this is a neat bookworm networking site: GoodReads . If you want to be my friend, this is my profile. Jenn, I hope that you will check it out.

Also, for a neat-o finishing idea, check out this stitcher's book...it even gives the instructions. Wow!





And finally, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my Aunt Tamie and Carol. Hope that you ladies have a wonderful day!

7 comments:

Kendra said...

Sorry that you're feeling overwhelmed right now. :-(

As for Connor, he's most likely teething or preparing to hit a new milestone. Babies can go off their sleep schedule from time to time, especially with teeth and new achievements. Hard to realize it at the time when you're dead tired, but it'll soon pass and he'll go back to sleeping all night. Hang in there and snag a nap when you get a chance!

Hope you get to feeling better soon. (((HUGS))) And prayers for your mom...I think about her (and you) and hope she's doing OK.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that sleep regression thing bites, doesn't it? We're there again at the moment (though not quite so badly as you).

A break away from blogging is a big help, as I find that is just one more thing on my to-do list which gives me one more thing to be anxious about doing. I hope a break helps you as well.

Jenn said...

I hope everythig calms down for you soon sweetie. {{{HUGS}}} I'll check out the web site. Sounds good. :)

Anonymous said...

Maybe Connor doesn't sleep well anymore because he feels your worries for your mom. Does he know your mom is very sick? Maybe you should tell him and explain him in simple words how worry and sad you are right now in simple words. I know it sounds like cheap psychologist advice but why not, give it a try ... He will go back to his old habits: Esteban did if you remember from my blog.

((hugs))

Michelle said...

Big hugs, sweetie! Hope things settle down for you soon. A good night's sleep would probably do you wonders, if you could get it. Thanks for the links to the book site and to the stitcher's book - fun!!

Anita said...

I can understand the stress level and hope things are going to be better. Sorry to hear about the news about your mom. I too saw Meari's blog about the mini sewing machine Happy lite. I never got those type of deal with ebays. I did take advantage of the Hancock web site today, for free shipping, 10% off to get this mini machine, it is on sale too..http://www.hancockfabrics.com/product/20708.html
I am looking forward to try it out. Take good care of yourself.

Melissa said...

Missy-maybe Connor is going through a growth spurt. Make sure he has a good bedtime snack. It might make all the difference in the world. Could be teething and there's just not much you can do about that, just hope this phase passes quickly. Good luck!