Sunday, July 29, 2007

No and no

So, I haven't heard from Mom's Oncologist yet. And I didn't win the sewing machine.

But, I did get a chance to chat with Mom briefly. I am still on the fence about going, the decision will be made once I hear from her Oncologist. There is just so much going on with her, it seems like every month there is a new development. Metastatic breast cancer is a bitch. Truly.

Seems like everyone is jumping on the sewing machine bandwagon this last week. The object of my desire, a vintage Singer 185J or 185K (same machine, only one made in Canada and one in England) was going for pretty cheap prices...not so much anymore. Here is a pretty picture of one:

I like it because it is a 3/4 size machine, all metal, and is basic. And it is green, how cool is that? I only need straight stitch, maybe a zig zag stitch.

I like Meari's Happy Lite, and I keep searching for one on ebay to no avail. Ho hum. An interesting tidbit I learned from Meari's post is that it was sold by a company from the area where we are from. Small world.

I am starting to read reviews of other basic vintage Singers, so the horizons are broadening. BTW, if you enjoy sewing, have you ever checked out this site, Pattern Review? Wow. I am loving the reviews of sewing machines so far.

Okay, my sewing peeps, please give me your opinion on vintage sewing machines. Remember, I need basic functions and easy maintenance. I am getting Mom's old ginormous machine when we move home next year. My old machine is a Kenmore and I am not feeling the love for Kenmore right now.

I anxiously await your responses.

Peace.

3 comments:

Chiloe said...

I hope you will get your email soon to know what's going on over there... ((hugs))

Sometimes it hards to get what you really want on ebay!!! I hope you'll find the sewing machine you are dreaming about!!!

((hugs))

Kalu V said...

Doctor's seem to take forever when you really really want to hear from them, but dont worry I'm sure U'll have good news soon ;)
Sorry you win the sewing machine, maybe soon you'll find and win a cheaper one :)

Meari said...

What a cool little machine! I don't know much about vintage machines. I like that one though (Like I need *another* sewing machine) :)