Last night's main stream of thoughts revolved around the topic that living here (our house/Saipan) is like being at camp. But then again, I am not 100% sure since I never went to camp except for the one weekend Girl Scout camp event when I was in 5th grade. But it is like what I have heard camp is like.
- We spend 80% of our time outside.
- We enjoy cooking outside on the grill or in the outdoor kitchen.
- We take cold showers (too lazy to plug in the water heater).
- I try to have arts & crafts time every day.
- Every morning we wander around the property looking at the new growth of the plants & trees.
- We have a hammock.
- We call home once a week.
- I can hear the Ocean at night.
- We watch a movie every night.
- We don't have any f-ing cable.
- We don't have a dryer, so we hang everything to dry.
- We can walk to the beach.
- We have a little fire pit and had our first bonfire 2 weeks ago.
- We sing and dance a lot.
- We eat dinner outside every night.
- When DH brings home the mail, it is hands down, one of the highlights of my day.
Now, granted, we live in a very nice house so we really aren't roughing it like at camp...but the similarities are striking.