Sunday, October 14, 2007

Making Strides Walk


Today (Saturday in IL) was the Making Strides for Breast Cancer walk. My Aunt just shared a few pictures and this is what she wrote:

"The "Making Strides for Breast Cancer" walk took place this morning. Approximately 3,000 walkers participated raising $191,000 to fight this disease. To all of you who donated money in memory of Lauri, my heartfelt thanks. It was an inspiring and emotional event that made me realize how we are all connected through this journey of life. I am grateful for your friendship and love. "

Here is a picture of the team, posing by the banner that they had made:

I wanted to thank everyone who donated to the team, you are all so special and I send much love and many thanks. And a huge thanks to everyone that bought the special pinkeep kit that Mary Kathryn designed for her shop, Handcrafts Online. Mary Kathryn made an incredibly generous donation from the sales of her kit. Go check out her pink page, I know that I am really looking forward to getting my kit! Thank you, Mary Kathryn!
Peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful, Melissa! Nice banner :)