Wednesday, May 23, 2007

On being a cheap frugal treehugger...

Can I just tell you how difficult it is to be a frugal treehugger sometimes? It is way harder than I expected. Some days I look back with longing at my old ways...but then I remember that I am helping in my own little way to make my son's life better. Environmentally and financially.

Last night the temperature in our bedroom was 92 degrees when I went to bed at 10 PM. Oy! Can you say insomnia? We have air conditioners in all of the rooms, but we don't use them and because of lack of use, when we did turn them on, they stunk. The 2 fans we had on were just blowing around the hot air. Yuck.

Only 9 more days until we move to our new house with better ventilation and more windows.

Peace.

3 comments:

Kendra said...

You are better treehugger than I...

We try to be as green as possible, but A/C is one of those things we don't skimp on. My allergies and asthma make A/C more of a necessity than a luxury.

Especially last year when I was pregnant and had 3 (LOL) additional sources of heat attached to my body. Our air went out on the hottest weekend...it was in the low 90's in the house and I was about to keel over.

I would not have made a happy resident in pre-A/C days...LOL!

Glad you like the fabric! If you find out you need more, let me know and I can send you another half yard or yard. :-)

Kim said...

I give you alot of credit for what you have to put up with. Do you still lose your power?!

Its starting to warm up here. Been very breezy today.. the clothes on the clothes line were blowing around in every direction.

~Kim~

Anonymous said...

I just couldn't cope with that heat. It was about 76 in my room last night and I was too hot.

Everyone seems to be on the move in stitching blogging land. I hope this bug isn't catching lol