Tuesday, May 22, 2007

SBQ

Today's SBQ was suggested Juls and is:

If you could only stitch one more piece what would it be and why?

Funny that this is the question this week since I saved a piece of fabric from the craft room packing fiasco and the other stuff I had kitted for Mother's Tree and set about gridding the fabric. But now I have decided that I might not want to do it over one on 32 count. Why? Because I would go crazy and I am afraid. So, I am mulling it over some more.


The answer for me would be "Mother's Tree" by Lavender and Lace. I have traced back 9 generations of Mothers (with Gram S.'s help) and have them all graphed out. It is destined to be an heirloom once I actually get it done.

I blogged about the hunt for mothers here.

Has everyone seen the Freebie Gallery Blog that Carol created??? What an awesome database of stitched freebies, many with the links to where the chart can be downloaded. Get a cup of tea and have a little sit down for a bit. Thank you so much, Carol!

Also, there is a new freebie out from C.E.C., be sure to check it out, way too cute!

Peace.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

What a cute freebie. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Wow Mother's Tree will be amazing when you get it done.

Kendra said...

Being a history nut (especially family history and geneology), I find the Mothers Tree piece really interesting! What a great heirloom to pass on someday.

I'm curious how many Mothers in my family tree I could find...I've fired off an e-mail to my mom asking her how far back she knows, or could find out. :-)