Friday, November 10, 2006

Bits of this, bits of that...

They are having a Benefit for Mom on December 3, and since I can't be there, I figured that I would send a few things for "prizes" for the raffles. I finished 2 ornaments that I stitched this year (simple cardboard, padding, glue, felt). Both from Just Cross Stitch Ornaments 2005. I also stitched and finished the "Welcome Friends" by Lizzie Kate into my second ever flanged pillow. This one went a bit better than the Halloween one a few weeks ago.

Of course, they look better in person since our camera is so crap-tastic.




I am also sending along the 5 scarves that I have knitted & crocheted over the past few months. I figure that she can give the ugly ones away and maybe use the nicer ones for raffle prizes. It doesn't matter to me.



I got a couple of really nice surprises in the mail this week. My BFF, Stels, sent me 2 bags of Sour Patch Kids! I love those nasty little things and have been craving them like nobody's business. Thanks again, Man! Then, I got a little package from my Aunt J, she sent us this little cuddly bear for the baby. It is so soft and snuggly. Thanks, Aunt J! I posed it by the Boppy that DH bought while in Guam. It is mint green with little sheep on it. Inside the mattress-less crib.

I so want a sling for the baby, and after looking at options available online, I came across this site that gives you instructions on how to make your own!! I think that I am going to start off by making the ring sling per the instructions here. With all of the neat fabrics out there, the possibilities are endless. I might even make one for DH. For the people that sew, how do you keep your bobbins stored? I have a small clear box that holds 12 or so bobbins, but now with all the sewing that I do, I have loose bobbins rolling around in my bin. Would really love ideas that recycle something else for it (container wise or such) or that can be crafted.

******

For those of you that have switched over to Blogger Beta, how is it now? Do they have the bugs worked out yet? I had issues earlier with uploading pictures and had to quit for a while. Just wondering if it is that much better.

*****

A too cute for words picture of our long-tails. Bella Baby (orange) and Killer Lilly (brown), doing what they do best, sleeping. I have been trying to keep them awake more during the day since they think that night time is perfect for tearing the house apart.

*****

DH's birthday is Monday so I am going to try a new recipe...Pumpkin Banana Mousse Tart. We recently tried a new recipe for Parmesan Chicken and it was so freakishly good, I could have eaten the whole pan of chicken. I will post that recipe next week.

*****

Other than that, I am working on a "treat bag" for an exchange on a Yahoo group. And finishing up a top secret something for a blogging pal. I am also going to make some more "Chemo Caps" this weekend for Mom to take to Chemo and give to her friends.

*****

Dr. visit was this week. Hard to believe that we are on the home stretch. He said that the pregnancy is going perfect. Thank God!

*****

Today's SBQ was suggested by Jan and is:

How many different brands of "complete" embroidery floss sets do you own? How do you keep track of it? (i.e., spread sheet program, indexcards, palm pilot, etc.)

One set complete: DMC

I don't really want any of the others. Just a simple girl I guess. I have them in the clear plastic organizer boxes that you can buy at Michaels. On bobbins with little stickers at the top indicating the number. I am hoping that I can beg my Dad enough to make me a nice wooden bobbin box out of some exotic wood. He is the Wizard after all. (That is what they call him at work, "The Wizard"...he works for a small lumber company back home)

Peace!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

All your finishes for your mom's benefit look great. I love how you finised the L*K piece.

Kendra said...

Slings are wonderful! I found an Over-The-Shoulder-Baby-Holder for super cheap at a consignment sale a couple years ago and used it with my then 2-yo. It was *nice*. I still have it and am looking forward to using it with our new little one.

Great ornament finishes...you gave me an idea for finishing off a couple ornaments for my daughter's preschool teachers' gifts!

Anonymous said...

If you make a sling let us know and show us the pics!!

Sounds neat.

Carey K.
Cross Stitch is my Passion!!

Mary Kathryn said...

Your items for the benefit are lovely. I love the kitty photo - I wish we weren't allergic!

:0)