Saturday, November 11, 2006

Now I really want to have a little girl...

I was just reading the latest entry from a blogger that inspires me ever so much. Maybe someday I can be just like her. For now I shall live vicariously through her and her blog. So much talent!

Click here to see what she & her girls have been up to lately: Le Petite Patisserie

*****
I just finished up making my "Treat Bag" for the Yahoo Group, Stitcher's Time Out exchange. It was alot of fun. For the actual bag, I used felt that I felted from an old sweater found at the thrift shop. Then I just sewed on the design and blanket stitched the edges with DMC Perle Cotton and voila!

Sam Sarah Designs
Just Cross Stitch 2005
Millenium Blue Linen
DMC threads
JABC buttons
Front: Back:


Not a traditional "Treat Bag", but I am very happy with the results since I just had an idea floating in my brain about how to finish it. I figure that the recipient can put a small pillow in it during the holidays and it would be cute. We do centralized exchanges (everyone mails to a moderator), that way nobody gets screwed out of receiving something. I would have personalized it more, but I don't know who is getting it.


I killed two birds with one stone on this project for the 50 project challenge. Woo Hoo for me!

Peace

1 comment:

Yuko said...

Hello, Missy!
I'm new to here.
It's really cute and an idea is nice!
And thanks for telling the nice site "Le petite Patisserie", I alreadly visited there and I'm going to make little lumb!!
I'm looking for you posting next!