Friday, December 01, 2006

SBQ

I like this week's SBQ (stitching blogger's question) so I figured I would answer.

This week's SBQ is:

"How do you secure your thread when you begin a new one? Specifically,do you or have you ever used a waste knot?"

I typically only use DMC floss, and use 2 threads so I use the "loop method" to start my threads about 95% of the time. If I am stitching 1 over 1, then I just either tuck the end under a couple of stitches nearby or hold it with a finger as I stitch over it (since I stitch Continental Style and my backsides of solid areas look like: l l l l l l l ). I then end the thread by running it under a few stitches.

(Click on "Loop Method" above to see a demo of it if you are interested)

I have never used a waste knot, or any kind of knot that I can think of.

Peace

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have never heard of a loop method or waste knot. I guess this means I need to be updated on my methods of securing my threads.