Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Tuesdays are for reading

We went to the library last friday. I still am amazed at how nice the library is on this island. Blows Guam's out of the water completely. Since we are bookworms, we left with a bag full (a reusable canvas bag because that is how we roll).

I picked out:

Lean Mean Thirteen - Janet Evanovich I *heart* this series. I can whiz through these books in about 24 hours.

The Teahouse Fire - Ellis Avery I thought it looked interesting. No other reason.

The Handmaid and the Carpenter - Elizabeth Berg Fictional account of the romance of Mary and Joseph. Looks like a quick read.

Saving Fish From Drowning - Amy Tan One of my favorite authors. This is a big book, so it may take me a while.

***********

Speaking of reading, I do try to keep up with my blog reading via my Google Reader. I am trying to carve out a little bit of time every day to leave a few comments, but I can't get to everyone's all of the time. I have had a bunch of new readers and have added you all to my google reader, and I pinky swear that I will get to your blog and comment soon.

I have taken my blogroll off of the sidebar (along with many other things). I am trying to streamline and update the look of my blog. I will be cutting the list down and then adding more knitting blogs to it though. I plan on making a post that has my "master" list and then just linking to it in my sidebar so that the sidebar isn't so clogged up.

I am still trying to figure out the Ravelry progress bars. I have been activated to use the code, I just can't for the life of me get it to work. I may just throw in the towel and use the progress bars as outlined here: Progress bars (for dummies like me). Since I am still mulling over switching to wordpress.com or not, I won't stress about the Ravelry bars since they aren't supported on Wordpress.com.

Oh, and if the wonderful Saipan blogger that posted a comment on my last post is reading this (which I doubt), please don't spam me with your drivel again. I don't appreciate it. I tolerated it once from Plutonic Pluto or whatever his alias is, mostly because I don't like to delete comments and censor. But, if it happens again, I will start deleting comments. Thanks much!

Peace.

1 comment:

Chiloe said...

I love the new header you added. I can't help you with the progress bars because I am the geek of this house and I am not a good geek !!! lol Hope someone can help you.

Connor is cuter and cuter !!!